Monday, April 24, 2023

 Hi, my name is J and I am currently a proud member of Next Era Pre-12 and Beyond in Tallulah, LA. Growing up in a rural area like Tallulah, I have seen firsthand the impact that social and environmental issues can have on a community. I've always been passionate about creating positive change, but I wasn't sure how to go about it.

That all changed when I learned about Next Era Pre-12 and Beyond. This organization has been an incredible resource for me, providing me with the skills, knowledge, and support I need to become a leader and change-maker in my community. I have had the opportunity to participate in workshops, training sessions, and campaigns that have taught me valuable skills like public speaking, strategic planning, and community organizing.

One of the things I appreciate most about Next Era is its commitment to empowering young people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Through my involvement with Next Era, I have been able to connect with other young people from all over the country who share my passion for social and environmental justice. Together, we are building a movement for positive change that cannot be ignored.

One of the most impactful experiences I had as a member of Next Era Pre-12 and Beyond was when I had the opportunity to present to our local government. Our team had researched the health risks associated with smoking and the benefits of implementing a no-smoking policy, and we were determined to make our case to the parish council. We spent weeks preparing our presentation. When we finally presented to the council. This was a proud moment for our team and me, knowing that we had played a part in trying to create a healthier, safer community for all.

Now that I am preparing for college, I know that Next Era will continue to be an important part of my life. I plan to stay involved with the organization and use the skills and knowledge I have gained to continue making a positive impact in my community and beyond. I am so grateful for the opportunities and support that Next Era has provided me, and I would encourage any young person who wants to make a difference in the world to get involved with this amazing organization. Together, we can create a brighter future for ourselves and for generations to come.

J


No comments:

Post a Comment